Friday, July 13, 2012

Jonga Jip BBQ - Eastwood

Wanting Korean food one day, my hubby and I walked the streets of Eastwood to find a restaurant we had not eaten at in a while. We settled for Jonga Jip BBQ but decided against barbequed meat and instead, ordered a soup each.

First off, a plethora of side dishes came and scattered across our table. There were heaps of side dishes! Interestingly, there was this lettuce salad with a black sesame watery mayo sauce. Not sure if I liked it or not. My favourites would have been the seaweed salad and the tofu/fishcake strips :)


Loads of side dishes
I had ordered the Beef tripe soup ($12). I can't eat stuff that's too chilli and I asked the waiter whether or not it was a spicy soup. I don't know if he didn't understand me or if he didn't care - he said it was normal and seemed to indicate that the soup wasn't very chilli but when it came out, chilli and pepper filled the soup. There was tripe and some intestine looking things which I couldn't have contested to, but it was the chilliness that threw me off. Hubby was nice enough the swap his soup with me :)

Beef Tripe Soup - $12
The soup I stole off hubby was the beef rib soup ($12). This was a clear soup but packed full of flavour. The beef ribs were really soft and tender and succulent. An egg white was also cracked into it making even more appetising.
Beef Rib Soup - $12
The food here was pretty good. and side dishes are a plenty. From memory, the barbeque here isn't bad either. Might come back when my stomach is craving side dishes :)

Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 6.5/10
Ambiance - 7.5/10
Value for money - 7.5/10
Overall - 29.5/40

Jonga Jip BBQ
87 Rowe Street
Eastwood
NSW 2122
Tel: (02) 98585160

No comments: