Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chocolatte - Randwick

Ever been to a place where you thought it would be awesome - and then was dissappointingly let down? It happens. It's horrible.

But not this night. Out of the blue, I had been craving coffee. Being around the Randwick area, I had remembered that from our uni times, there had been a chocolate cafe close to the chicken shop in Randwick. I think that this place had changed names and owners several times since I've been at uni, but luckily, the chocolate cafe still existed on this night.

To be honest. It looked dicey. Super dice in fact. No aircon, some of the lights didn't work in the cabinets, the tables were largely unwiped, and the seats were pretty much all broken (e.g. the "leather" had ripped from several seats, revealing only the ugly yellowish spongey insides).

Chocolatte

After much deliberation (and some urge to run from the place) I decided to order the 'mocha crush', and my partner ordered the 'coffee milkshake'.

When it came to the table, it looked like just the ordinary drink. But ZOMG it was JUST to my liking. It was awesome! Icey, coffee-flavoured with a hint of chocolate, not too sweet, not too milky, it was like perfect!

mocha crush

My partner likewise enjoyed his coffee milkshake muchly. It was a tad sweet for my liking, but with the cream on top, it was milkiness and light coffeeness. I was so impressed that I had even wanted to order a cake from the place and my partner was about to order another of these drinks... but on second though, we'd decided against it. Why? No clue. Cos we really should have :P

coffee milkshake

All up, I was impressed. Wow. Such a dicey shop. Slightly dicey looking asians making coffee and chocolate drinks. But oh so yum. There's also a range of chocolate dishes at this place (e.g. waffles, fondues, cakes, etc) for you to try if you wish.

Ratings:
Food - 9/10
Service - 6/10
Ambiance - 6/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 28/40

Chocolatte
56 Belmore Road
Randwick
NSW 2031
Tel: (02) 9399 6644

2 comments:

joey@forkingaroundsydney said...

A good surprise!

bbsnoopy said...

definately a good surprise :)
need more of those~