Friday, November 12, 2010

Prospero's - Parramatta

Prospero's

My friend and I decided to dine at Parra after work one night and we didn't really know where to eat so we decided to try for a slightly quieter, conversationable restaurant that neither of us had tried before. Prospero's was one such place.

Seated quickly, the waitress was very friendly and casual - but kind of lacked attention to detail. For instance, my friend ordered a steak (the Filetto Citron - $29.90) and she didn't ask how he wanted the steak to be done. At the end of the day, the steak came up medium well - which suited my friend any how. My friend said that the steak was pretty decent - it was coated in a lemon and cream sauce with loads of green peppercorns. My friend said that the peppercorns (the immense amount of them) was slightly too hot and hence, brushed them all off to one side.

Filetto Citron - $29.90

I ordered the Fettucini Antonio (Entree size - $16.90). The entree size was recommended by the waitress and she was definately right on this account. The serving was definately big enough. My fettucini was drenched in a white wine and cream sauce with loads and loads of chicken pieces, prawns and avocado. It was OMG rich. Soooooo super creamy. I realised halfway through that there was pretty much no way was I finishing it LOL.

Fettucini Antonio - E $16.90, M $19.90

My friend and I also decided to share a dessert. Through a process of elimination, we decided to pick a safe option - the Cassata Ice Cream ($9.50). This was a traditional vanilla and chocolate Italian style ice cream. I have to say, I thought it was OK ish - had a gelato feel to it. My friend did not take too huge a liking to it. And yes, as the waitress apologised, the kitchen dude went a little too happy on the chocolate dusting powder :P

Cassata Ice Cream - $9.50

Prospero's was a relatively quieter restaurant on the Church St strip. The prices were also decent. So the food wasn't amazingly flash, but... it wasn't horrible either.

Ratings:
Food - 7/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 28/40

Prospero's
310 Church St
Parramatta
NSW 2153
Tel: (02) 9893 8933

2 comments:

Maria said...

The menu items (even the look of the restaurant sign) reminds me of a local Italian (franchise) restaurant called 'La Porchetta'. We don't go there often these days because the food isn't anything to rave about. Though I do fondly remember they served lovely schnitzels once upon a time with your choice of sauces. I loved a spicy capsicum/chilli concotion they used to do.

How is your chilli tolerance?

bbsnoopy said...

Haha
my chilli tolerance is very low
but my partner can take more chilli than human's are meant to. Is La Porchetta the one in Blacktown? I remember seeing the name advertised on the buses.