Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grill'd (6) - Darlinghurst

Grill'd

Ok - so after our many failed attmpts at chips with herbed mayo from Grill'd in Sydney outlets, I had decided to put it all aside and try out the newish branch in Darlinghurst ... only to be dissappointed once again *sighz*

For a late lunch, my partner ordered his usual - the 'Almighty' ($12.50). We've got the beef patty, the cheese, bacon, egg, beetroot, salad, relish and herbed mayo. The whole lot on panini bread. Crazy huge but I think my partner thought it was OK.

the 'Almighty' - $12.90

I ordered the 'Simon Says' ($11.90). Chicken, almost non-existant avocado, bacon, salad, relish and herbed mayo, on again, my chosen panini bread. I found my gourmet burger to be really rather heavy. Extremely extremely filling but I would have prefered a bit more avocado and a bit more herbed mayo. However, to give an honest opinion, my burger was pretty decent.

'Simon Says' - $11.90

Now, the subject of my complaint is yet again, the chips ($4.30 + 70c for sauce). I don't get it~! Is it the oil we have in Sydney or the potatoes? Or is it just the people who cook it? The chips here are almost never golden brown - normally burnt or ugly looking. And also, they are odd shapes and sizes. SOOOO different from what I know from Grill'd joints in Melbourne. *sighz* I need to go back to Melbourne I think.

Regular chips - $4.30 (+ 70c sauce)

I think I've had enough of Grill'd in Sydney - for REAL Grill'd, go to Melbourne. For some odd reason, the Grill'd in Darlinghurst is also unlicenced!?!?!?!

Ratings:
Food- 7/10
Service - 6/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 27/40

Grill'd
314 Victoria St
Darlinghurst
NSW 2010
Tel: (02) 9331 6562

2 comments:

Mel said...

How disappointing! I LOVED Grill'd in Melbourne and was so excited to see them popping up in Sydney. I'm going to give a try though and hope the chips are as good as the ones in Melbourne...might go to the Crows Nest store though.

Maria said...

I've tried Grill'd a couple of times and have been kinda disappointed both times. I guess because we have a very good burger joint here in Geelong called 'Burger Inc.' - I compare all other burgers to theirs.

I did a write-up of Brisbane's Grill'd two years ago:
http://foodiewanderings.blogspot.com/search?q=grill%27d

The fat chips were very good.. a bit too heavy on the rosemary, but everything else was pretty much perfect from memory.

They do excellent burgers in Melbourne's Federation Square..being at 'Beer DeLuxe' - Great chips too..and too much food for lunch in my opinion. Which isn't a bad problem to have ;)

http://www.beerdeluxe.com.au/hamburger-bar.htm