Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Christopher's Cake Shop (2) - Mascot


Christopher's cake shop

We were around Mascot area on the weekend and having tasted their Baklava's not long ago, I was begging for us to swing around Christopher's for a sugar hit.

For a Saturday afternoon, there was still a decent selection of cakes left. I took my pick - the Duchess. The way the girl behind the counter described it sounded like, "chocolate with chocolate with bits of biscuits throughout then covered with chocolate". Sounded good to me! LOL

Duchess - $4.10

The cake sounded so tempting that I decided to dig into it whilst my partner was driving (hence, the photo was taken in a moving car).

The cake was deliciousness! Chocolate fudge consistency with small spongy biscuits throughout then covered with more belgium chocolate. It was sweet but not overly so (or might be okay because I'm a chocoholic). However, it was a bit dense. It tooke me two sittings to polish it off. Definately an indulgent kind of cake but probably well worth all the calories. Wedding diet? Pshhht. What wedding diet? LOL

Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 8/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 30/40


Christopher's Cake Shop
1213 Botany Road
Mascot
NSW 2020
Tel: (02) 9667 0300

1 comment:

Obesebaby said...

Any recommendation other than chocolate one? not huge fan of chocolate? cudo.com.au doing a $20 deal for this cake shop