Sunday, July 4, 2010

Courtyard Restaurant - Castle Hill

My parents have been raving on about the new restaurants at the Castle Hill RSL for like EVER now. I've always been out and about and don't have time to check out the new renovations at the RSL until tonight.

As you step in, you realise that you are in a vamped up RSL. High ceilings, crystal lights... I was like... WOW - people in this area are definately rich. Rich and posh. Clientelle? A mix of the older generation and the teen/young adult crowd all chillaxing on comfy couches and sipping their cocktails or downing some beers with some sort of sport (in the sport bar) or live music (in the cocktail lounge) in the background.

For this night, we decided to dine at the Courtyard Restaurant on this particular night. Different prices for food depending on whether or not you are a member - lucky for me, dad is a member :)

A family friend decided to stay true to his Asian origins and ordered a Thai Fried Chicken ($17.50). This was a few large deep fried chicken pieces with red curry sauce and served with a small heap of rice. He said it was decent. Looked OK ish I guess :)

Thai Fried Chicken - $17.50

My dad, who had just taken a wisdom tooth out, decided to opt for a fettuccine carbonara ($16). This was egg and spinach fettuccine combo cooked slightly more than al dente and mixed with a white wine creamy garlicy sauce. Even when topped with a sprinkle of parmesan, it was still a bit bland. Might have tasted a bit better with a pinch of salt I think.

Fettuccine Carbonara - $16

My mum ordered a Hearty Beef and Guiness Pie ($17.50). Big bowl of beefy chunks and oniony red sauce with a huge puff pastry ovened to golden brown served with either salad (which my mum chose) or chips. She said it was alright. It was too huge for her to finish though.

Hearty Beef and Guiness Pie - $17.50

Last but not least, my choice was the Atrium Burger ($15.50). A thick round juicy beef pattie, big slice of bacon with melted cheese on top, pineapple, (beetroot taken out), lettuce, tomato and a fried egg on top - all encased between two big round toasted white buns was this big atrium burger. Needless to say, it was impossible for me to fit it into my mouth. Served with chips, I thought that this meal was quite a bargain. Very filling indeed and tasted like how a huge burger ought to have :)

Atrium Burger - $15.50

Overall? I think this place was pretty decent. Not overly pricey. Food was okay. And the atmosphere was pretty good :) Club for all ages in Sydney's north west.

Ratings:
Food - 7/10
Service - 6.5/10
Ambiance - 8.5/10
Value for money - 8/10
Overall - 30/40

Courtyard Restaurant
Castle Hill RSL
77 Castle Street
Castle Hill
NSW 2054
tel: (02) 8858 4800

2 comments:

chocolatesuze said...

mmm right in my hood! burger looks tasty and filling haha i dont like beetroot either

bbsnoopy said...

yesyes - i was pleasantly surprised by the place.
These people were nice enough to actually remember to take my beetroot out! :)