Monday, October 26, 2009

Grill'd (4) - Crows Nest

Grill'd Crows Nest

I've been craving for Grill'd super yummy herb-crusted herb mayo chippies for several months now and was almost elated when we stepped into Grill'd (in Crows Nest) before attending a wedding nearby. However, my mood dampened as my partner's burger came... and was finished... and chippies were being delivered on takeaway orders and other tables... whereas our chippies were always coming "in two minutes".

My partner ordered the "Hot Mama" ($11.50) on panini bread. This was a pattie of grilled lean beef with roasted peppers, dill pickle, tasty cheese, tzatziki, salad and harissa paste. Compared to the burgers in Melbourne, this one came out slightly cold. Nonetheless, my partner seemed to think it was very very tasty and yummy anyway.

Hot Mama - $11.50

When my chips finally arrived, it came without herbed mayo... *sighz* we had to remind them to give us this crucial ingredient. Honestly, these chips satisfied my craving - but probably gave me sodium imbalance at the same time. Much more salty than the ones you get in Melbourne, and... according to my partner... these came under cooked. The potato on the inside wasn't as fluffy as usual and the outside was not crispy. But I still liked them :P

Reg Chips with herbed mayo -$4.30

So, what's my opinion on Grill'd in Crows Nest? There's definately room for improvement. The service was... ummm... I don't think waiting for chips for more than 20mins is really acceptable... (especially when we were kinda in a hurry) LOL

Ratings:
Food - 7/10
Service - 6.5/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Value for money - 7.5/10
Overall - 29/40

Grill'd
57 Willoughby Road
Crows Nest
NSW 2065
Tel: (02) 9436 0699

1 comment:

Cara.S said...

oh the services were much different when we went a few saturdays ago.. :( maybe it was just a one off thing? hugs*