Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chapelli's - South Yarra

Chaoelli's

Hungry for shopping on Chapel St, my friends and I ended up looking for breakfast on Chapel. The first decent place that shot into view was Chapelli's and hence, Chapelli's it was.

A large-ish yet quiet cafe, the menu was not overlly extensive for breakfast - and hence, some of my friends opted for a light lunch/snack.

Cranberry juice looked slightly like red creaming soda and tasted... umm... not very cranberry-ish. Hmm... could it be because of the lemon slice?


Again, the coffee lacked coffee-art. However, it was nicer than the coffee at European. It had a stronger taste of coffee - which was smooth, creamy and mmm... Love Melb coffee :P

Latte

Mocha

My partner's soup of the day "minestrone" (was $6 on the menu, $8 on the blackboard, and $7 on the bill). One taste of the soup filled my mouth with different herbs and spices. Quite overwhelming really when my stomach was simply crying out for brekky.


Minestrone - $7.00

I have to say that the Western Omelette ($11.90)looked and tasted dissappointing. Looking dry and slightly burnt, encasing mushrooms, tomato, onion and capsicum, my friends described it as somewhat 'tasteless'. Hmmm...

Omlette - $11.90

On the otherhand, the Eggs Florentine ($12.50) and the Eggs Fairfax ($12.50) were both appetising looking and appetising tasting. The hollandaise sauce was extremelly Yumm... I would have liked a bit more - but having less makes me feel less unhealthy LOL :P My eggs were yummy (but could slightly have been a little tiny bit runnier on the inside) and the smoked salmon was even yummier :P

Eggs Florentine - $12.50

Eggs Fairfax - $12.50

Our moveability for breakfast places was limited by accessibility (due to our no car) and time (we had 10 million things we wanted to do in Melbourne). Hence, though Chapelli's may not have been the best choice for breakfast, my Eggs Fairfax was yummy yummy anyway.

Ratings:
Food - 7/10
Service - 5/10
Ambiance - 6/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 25/40

Chapelli's
571 Chapel St
South Yarra
VIC 3141
tel: (03) 9826 9516

No comments: