Saturday, December 6, 2008

Panarotti's - Blacktown

I know it's been a while since my last blog - I've been busy (procrastinating), my computer's been playing up, and really, I guess I've just been lazy.

Panarottis

Anyway - to business. Food!
Pizza to be exact.
And pizza at Panarotti's was... a lot better than I expected.


Our table of four ordered a Cheesy Garlic Bread ($8.95) for starters. And it came out very nice and cheesy and very topped with mozzarella. The dough of this "garlic bread" was soft and doughy and somewhat drenched in fats and oils. Mmm... just the way I like it (I prefer dough soaked in cheesy oil than super tough dough).

Cheesy Garlic Bread - $8.95

We also ordered 2 large pizza's to share - the Greek ($19.95) and the Tandoori Chicken ($21.45). The Greek pizza comprises a nice heap of parmesan, garlic, herbs, feta, spinach, and (unfortunately) olives. It was all so very yum - although a tad salty (even after I delicately pick off all the olives from my slices). The Tandoori Chicken pizza was topped with chicken (surprise surprise!), pineapple, shallots, and chilli. Personally, I like my chicken chicken-colour rather than bright orange.

Greek - $19.95

Tandoori Chicken - $21.45

Overall, it was a good night. Very casual. Very chillaxy.
We were slightly ignored by the wait-staff, but I guess it was a busy night.

Oh - and I forgot to mention how huge the portions seem to be at this place (not incl. pasta). I saw the next table get a what I think is the world's biggest bruchetta. I mean, the bread may have been the normal thickness but the amount of tomato piled up? It was horrendously huge huge huge! Like, 3 times the thickness of the bread! ... and I used the word horrendously because I'm not a tomato-eater and the thought of eating so much tomato repulses me. But - the bruchetta must be a gold mine for all those people who do like tomato :)

Ratings:
Food- 8/10
Service - 5/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 27/40

Panarottis Blacktown
Shop 4007
Westpoint Shopping Centre
17 Patrick Street
Blacktown, 2148
Tel: (02) 9621 2194

No comments: