Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crossroads @ Swissotel (Good Food Month) - Sydney

Sugarhit!!!
Ahh... love sugar - especially when it's in the form of chocolate :)

As part of Good Food Month, many places were offering dessert plates with drink for just $20!
And there were so many places to choose from - all offering different varieties of yummy desserts.

Crossroads at Swissotel was chosen based on... I think that the the idea of chocolate cheesecake and coconut sorbet was simply too great a temptation to resist!

Crossroads Swissotel

I was extremely excited when we got seated.

However, excitement slightly waned when we were slightly ignored by the waitstaff. Instead, the table next to us, who arrived a bit later, got their dessert plate before we even got our drinks.

But, it had a nice environment so I guess my partner and I weren't too fussed.

So, what was offered - Milk chocolate velvet cheesecake, Dark chocolate with caramel & pear, and White chocolate with coconut sorbet with Hennessy strawberry mint cocktail or a glass of bubbly.

The strawberry mint cocktail was very very strawberry-ish (seemed like crushed/pureed strawberries) with a slight hint of alcohol. As for the mint...? hmm... I saw mint leaves floating in the pool of strawberriness.

Hennessy strawberry mint cocktail and a glass of champagne

After quite a long while, our dessert plates finally arrived. It looked very impressive and super delicious. And this thought remained as I blissfully chomped my way through the desserts.

Trio of desserts - Milk chocolate velvet cheesecake; "Dark chocolate" with caramel & pear; White chocolate with coconut sorbet

The coconut sorbet was heavenly! It was 'icey' (I like my icecreams and sorbets super icey), with a strong yet not overbearingly powerful coconut taste. It was just, quite perfect! I wish I could say the same for the white chocolate container it was carried in... (but then again, white chocolate was never in my good books)

The "dark chocolate" with caramelised pear was decent yet lacking in what I love... (ie. dark chocolate). I had expected to be completely 'sweeted-out' by the caramel, but was proven wrong. It was a good balance of caramel and pear.

White Chocolate with Coconut sorbet & Caramelised pear

The chocolate cheesecake. Mmm... My partner actually isn't a fan of sweet things - most of the time, I think he just eats it because I make him, or because he gets bored of seeing me eat it non-stop day after day after day that he decides he wants to try. But this time, he managed to finish the whole plate without ANY of my help. I also licked my my plate clean.

Milk Chocolate Cheesecake

So was this a yummy meal? I believe so!

The service however... hmm... I have my reservations there.

Ratings:
Food - 9/10
Service - 4/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 28/40

Crossroads Swissotel

68 Market Street,
Sydney
Tel: (02) 9238 7088




No comments: